Patient-Focused Collaborative Hospital Repository Uniting Standards (CHoRUS) for Equitable AI
The goal of the CHoRUS Network is to develop the most diverse, high-resolution, ethically sourced, AI-ready data set to answer the grand challenge of improving recovery from acute illness.
- This collaboration spans 20 academic centers, of which 14 will contribute as Data Acquisition centers.
- Patient-focused efforts will determine the ethical and legal approaches to manage privacy and bias, while accounting for Social Determinants of Health.
- Unified standards will harmonize multi-modal EHR, waveform, imaging, and text data.
- A visualization and annotation environment will label data with targets important for prediction.
- A comprehensive set of approaches will develop the skills and workforce for a next generation of diverse academic and community AI scientists.
- Federated access will enable sampling methods to ensure a balanced and diverse cohort.
- Collaborating with Bridge2AI and 3 other data generation projects, the CHoRUS Network will help us cross the Bridge2AI network together.